While one-off videos and events may be a cause to go live, a live content marketing strategy is most successful with a regular series that can provide value and keep viewers coming back. 2018 is going to be a huge year for live video, so it’s time to stop putting it off and use these tips to create a strategy that works for your brand.
Set SMART Goals
- Specific – Who, What, When, Where, and Why? Be as specific as you can about your theme, what resources you need, which team members will be involved, and any other details you can think of up front to help you get prepared and save headaches later.
- Measurable – Set a minimum number of broadcasts for your series and some goals around viewership and engagement. If this is your first go, make sure you plan to do enough broadcasts to learn what you need in order torefine your process and improve going forward.
- ex: Produce an 8-episode series with average views of 150 and engagement of 50
- Attainable – I’m sure your fans would love to see you broadcast from a different world wonder every week, but you likely have constraints in terms of budget and resources that make that unlikely. Choose something you can pull off with the team and resources you can depend on and plan to grow more as you prove success.
- ex: An interview series on healthy working habits with available employees and partners as guests
- Relevant – Take a look at your content and make sure it is not only relevant to your audience, but aligned with existing social or content marketing campaigns so you can build a consistent brand voice.
- Time-Based – Decide on your frequency and an initial timeline up front. You can adjust as you go, but, making a plan and sticking to it will help create a predictable experience for fans to look forward to and help you get the buy-in you need internally. After that initial period, you can make adjustments and continue on, or try a new theme for your audience.
- ex: Live series scheduled for 3-6 months at bi-weekly intervals
No need to re-invent the wheel. Take some inspiration for your live video series from brands that have created a regular, scalable live video marketing strategy.
Benefit Cosmetics’ Tipsy Tricks Series
Headspace’s Ask Andy Series
Honest Company’s Live From Honest Kitchen Series
Have a live video series you are working on? Drop us a comment!