The use of keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys are really beneficial when you want to apply, switch between or remove Overlays quickly on the fly.
Setting Up Keyboard Shortcuts
- In the Socialive Broadcaster application, click the Overlay Editor icon in the tool bar.
- Select the Overlay which you would like to apply a Hotkey Shortcut to, and click the edit button for this overlay.
- Click the dropdown menu that is labeled Shortcut Hotkey and select the key that you would like to use to apply your overlay.
( A – Z, 0 – 9 ) After doing so, you’ll notice that the key you selected will appear on the overlay selection in the editor.
- Once you have set your hotkey shortcuts, press the key on your keyboard to apply the overlay. The overlay will automatically apply to your stream. Make sure you do this only when the Overlay Editor window open in order for hotkeys to work.
- To remove the overlay from your stream, press the hotkey shortcut you have saved for that overlay a second time and it will then automatically remove the overlay from your stream.